OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE SHIRLEY’S WAY JOKERS WILD DRAWING
The drawing is held every Wednesday at the Shirley’s Way office but will be streamed for viewing via YouTube/Facebook – 10966 Dixie Highway at 6 p.m.
WHAT IS THE JOKERS WILD?
1. A game board containing 157 cards (3 decks with 1 Joker, placed face down, numbered and sealed) purchased from a certified gaming vendor, will be displayed at Shirley’s Way in a locked case with the Joker as the “Jackpot Card.”
2. The Jokers Wild drawing will occur every Wednesday evening at 6:00 pm (online ticket sales will end at 5 pm. If the gaming commission of KY changes the digital gaming rules while the board is in play then we will change the tickets sales to end at 5:59pm) One ticket will be drawn every week starting on May 13th, 2020 at Shirley’s Way office 10966 Dixie Highway, Louisville KY 40272. Once the pot grows to $150,000 we will start drawing 2 tickets every Wednesday. We will cut the card from the board on the first ticket drawn, if it’s a Queen of Hearts the ticket holder will get $1,000, the board will end and we will NOT draw the second ticket that evening. If the card is NOT the Joker then we will draw a second ticket and cut that card from the board.
3. Shirley’s Way will fund the initial pot with a Jackpot of $20,000.00 and the winning ticket will get half the total pot. Tickets are $2 each with no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased. All tickets will be sold online via www.JokersWildLIVE.com. The person who picks the card with the Joker underneath will win half the pot #HALFthePOT.
HOW DO YOU PLAY?
4. The card number on the drawn ticket will be flipped. If the card flipped is the Joker, the WINNER will receive fifty (50%) of the jackpot and the game will end. The remaining portion of the funds will go to Shirley’s Way to fund its charitable mission. IF a Queen of Hearts is flipped, the ticket holder will win $1,000 and the game will end. The remaining pot total will roll over to a NEW Jokers Wild board.
WHAT IF NOBODY WINS?
5. If the card flipped is NOT the Joker a consolation prize of $100 will be paid for each card flipped. Except for the Queen of Hearts. The Queen of Hearts will pay out $1,000 as covered in item #4 above.
6. If the card flipped is NOT the Joker, all the tickets will be removed from the cylinder, entered into our gaming database to be used for marketing by Shirley’s Way and then destroyed per the Kentucky Charitable Gaming Commission Rules and Regulations. TICKETS WILL NOT CARRYOVER FROM ONE WEEK’S DRAWING TO THE NEXT. A NEW TICKET MUST BE PURCHASED FOR EACH WEEK’S DRAWING TO PARTICIPATE.
7. Since this is an online drawing ONLY all tickets should have the correct number you had selected to flip. If there is a technical issue and the card number is NOT on the ticket we will pause the drawing and reach out to the person to verify the card number they want to cut from the board.
8. If there is a technical issue with the streaming of the drawing we will post the video of the drawing on our YouTube page and make sure to share the video instantly on our Facebook page.
9. For group purchases, in the event of a disagreement amongst the purchasers, the only obligation of Shirley’s Way is to issue the prize in the name of the person listed on the winning ticket.
WHAT IF I WIN?
10. All WINNERS are responsible for paying the applicable taxes on any prize they win. All prizes over $600.00 will be paid by check and Shirley’s Way will issue the WINNER a W2G, which will require the WINNER to provide her/his social security number. NO prize will be paid until the W2G information is provided. If a WINNER is unwilling to fill out a W2G, the prize will revert back to Shirley’s Way. For prizes of $5,000.00 or greater, Shirley’s Way is required to withhold the IRS backup withholding tax, currently set at 24% per IRS rules and regulations and KY 5% backup withholding tax.
11. Shirley’s Way reserves the right to require any WINNER to complete an affidavit of eligibility prior to payment of any prize. WINNERS will be required to Facetime or email Shirley’s Way a copy of an ID matching the name on the ticket.
12. To claim a winning prize, the purchaser must provide a valid government issued identification to prove they are the person in our gaming ticket database.
THE FINE PRINT
13. Each card selected and turned will have the drawn ticket attached to it and that card will remain posted on the board for the duration of the game. Once the “Joker” is selected, the board will no longer be in play and Shirley’s Way will solely determine its use.
14. Any ticket purchased and returned to Shirley’s Way for play, shall become the sole property of Shirley’s Way and the WINNER waives any right to possession of the ticket.
15. All WINNERS agree that their image and identity may be used by Shirley’s Way for advertising purposes or any other lawful purpose without compensation.
16. You must be 18 years of age or older to play. If a WINNER is not 18 years of age or older the prize is forfeited and shall revert to Shirley’s Way.
17. Shirley’s Way reserves the right to list any WINNER on any subsequent advertising, into perpetuity, without compensation.
18. Shirley’s Way reserves the right to discard any online purchase if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the purchase may have been affected by hacking, security breaches, bugs or any other type of online tampering. Such purchase may be discarded and ruled ineligible after a winning draw only upon good cause and within 48 hours of the drawing.
19. This contest is only valid in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
20. All tickets in the cylinder at the end of each drawing will be entered into the Shirley’s Way donation database so Shirley’s Way can communicate about upcoming drawings and specials.
21. Winner need not be present to win.
22. #HAFF, #goHAFF and any other version of HAFF is defined as half the pot. Half was not available when we began our drawings so we selected HAFF.